Tuesday 24 November 2009

Seals at Donna Nook


I live about 50 miles away from Donna Nook and every year the seals come ashore to have their pups and to mate. I can't believe that in all the many years that I have lived here I have never been before,

Well that's all changed! I will definately be going every year at least once. It's amazing. I was expecting to see one or two seals in the distance, but there are seals everywhere! There is a fence to stop the public getting too near but the seals epecially the pups have their noses right up to the fence.

                                     

At first glance there appears to be lots of seals just laying around. Mothers with their pups. But after just a few moments of observing them you realise that it's all territorial. with young males attempting to mate with the females and the older more experienced males chasing them off with a few blows exchanged.

If you ever get the chance to go see them I would highly recomend you go and spend some time there.

                                  

No comments: